|CLIENT’S TERMS ANDCONDITIONS (OF TEMPORARY NURSES AND CARERS)|
|1. These Terms and Conditions are between Extra Mile Home Care agency and the employer client (The Client) are deemed to accepted by virtue of an engagement and signing the nurse/ carer’s time-sheet introduced by the agency.
2. Agreement. We agreed to provide and supply you with staff cover for the use as specified at the time of booking.
3. Each time you request for staffs cover from Extra Mile you will be required to sign the time sheet. If for some reason you do not sign the time sheet but allow the staff to work for your Hospital / Nursing Home you will still be charged for the hours the Nurse/Carers was in with you. Staff cover facility will be withdrawn if subsequent staff order result in you exceeding your credit limit, as defined below.
4. Credit limit- The credit limit is the sum specified on the front of your offer letters containing our rated. This limit may vary from time to tome and notification will be given to you on such changes.
5. Invoices. You will be sent invoices weekly detailing all items charged to your Hospital/Nursing Home. You will be required to pay the all full balance of the invoices within 30 days from the
Invoice date. You are liable to a handle fee of £15 if any cheque or other remittance is not honoured on presentation. Any account which remains outstanding after this date, will be put on hold until such time as the outstanding balance is paid. In addition to any other sum due to us will become payable in full immediately irrespective of the terms contained earlier in this clause. We reserve the right to charge interest at 3% above Barclays Bank rate on accounts, which is unpaid after 60 days from the invoice dated.
6. Payments. Payments will only be deemed to have been made when received by us and credited to your account. Payment will be applied first in payments of all interest shown on the latest and previous stamen.
7. If within six months of the introduction to you of the temporary Nurses/ Carer or the completion by the temporary Nurse/Cares of his /her assignments with you (whichever is the later) you agree to engage or make use of the temporary Nurse/Carer in any capacity without notifying us or you or a member of your staff., refer the temporary Nurse/Carer in any capacity, you will be reliable for an introduction fee of £3600 for RGN and £2400 for Carer for including VAT. This fee will apply even if you decide to terminate the employment of staff because we are making a claim for an introduction fee.
8. The Agency guarantees that all staff supplied by Extra Mile Home Care Agency have been interviewed by qualified personnel
and references have been taken and every effort is made to ensure that staff supplied are of good standard of competence and integrity. At the time of booking, the client will specify the grade, experience and qualification of the staff required.
9. The charge made of the service of the temporary Nurse/Carer will be in accordance with the scale of charges advised to you at the time of booking. The charge will consist of temporary Nurse/ Carers pay. VAT at the current rate arising on our commission and Employer’s National Insurance Contributions. These Charged might vary from time to time after reasonable notice had been given.
10. You are responsible for providing adequate Insurance whilst the temporary Nurse/ Carer is under your direction and control to the extent that any temporary Nurse / Carer and we have benefit of coverage for any liability for which arises. The temporary Nurse/Carer is of the temporary Nurse/ Carer.
11. You are responsible for complying with the provisions of the offices, shops and Railway PREMISES Act 1963, the Health and Safety at Work ACT 1974 and any regulation s made under these acts and you will be solely responsible for any liability arising there under and indemnify Extra Mile Home Care Agency and /or temporary Nurse/ Carer against liability, loss or damage whatever arising there under in connection with the assignments of the temporary Nurse/Carer.
12. The client is responsible for the supervision and control of the Nurse/ Carer supplied for the duration of the assignment. In the event that a Nurse proves to be unsatisfactory and the booking is more than seven hours, the Agency may reduce or cancel the charge of the time worked by the Nurse/ Carer, provided that the Nurse/ Carer leaved the assignment with in two hour and the notification is given by phone to the Agency and is confirmed in writing by the client with in 24hours.
13.Where the service of the temporary Nurse/Carer are to be used in a residential capacity , board and Lodging charges should be negotiated separately with the temporary Nurse/ Carer.
14. Under normal circumstances the services of the temporary Nurse/Carer engaged from private Nursing must not be used for more than eight consecutive hours(day duty) or twelve consecutive hours (night duty) in any period of 24 hours and must have not less than an hour break during such 8 or 12 hours period
15. No variation I these terms of business is valid unless confirmed in writing by a Director of Extra Mile Home Care.
16. Although every effort is made to select only Nurse/ Carer with the best qualities and abilities we cannot accept any liability whatever whether direct, contingent or consequential for any costs, claims, damage, demands or expensed in connection with the introduction of any Nurse whether arising from any failure to provide Nurse/Carer or none –attendance of A nurse from the negligence, dishonest, misconduct or lack of skill or incompetence of a nurse from any other cause whatever.
17. Public holiday rates apply on all statutory public holidays midnight to midnight.